Welcome to the office of H-Town Smiles. Thank you for visiting. We are committed to providing our patients the highest quality dental care to our patients in a compassionate and comfortable environment.
While starting each day with a smile, we will be compassionate caregivers, providing optimal oral healthcare in an energized and innovative atmosphere. We are committed to treating others as they would want to be treated.
We are dedicated to help our patients achieve and maintain a beautiful, healthy smile. In an effort to achieve our goal, we offer the most advanced dental treatments available. We offer a full range of services for the entire family, including:
- Fillings The concept of a "filling" is replacing and restoring your tooth structure that is damaged due to decay or fracture with a material. With today's advancements, no longer will you have to suffer the embarrassment of unsightly and unhealthy silver/mercury fillings or metal margins of the past. Eliminate the dark, black appearance in your teeth with new-age, state-of-the-art, tooth-colored resin or porcelain materials.
- Root Canals A root canal is a procedure that extracts decayed pulp from the central part of the tooth, reshapes the canal and replaces it with strengthening filler. A cavity is the result of superficial decay of the enamel of the tooth. Left long enough, this decay can burrow into the deeper reaches of the tooth, causing extensive damage to tooth structure. When the damage goes beyond what can be treated with a filling, dentists can perform a root canal (or endodontics), preserving the tooth and retaining its original integrity; thereby, saving a tooth that in the past would have to have been pulled.
- Crown Restoration
Crown: When a tooth is cracked, decayed, or damaged, a dental crown may need to be fitted onto the tooth. A dental crown is a permanent covering that fits over the original tooth. Crowns can be made of porcelain, gold or a combination of both materials. Porcelain crowns typically have the most realistic appearance, although they tend to be less durable than other materials when used on your back molars. Dental crowns can whiten, reshape and realign existing teeth.
- Non-Surgical Periodontal Therapy Periodontal health should be achieved in the least invasive and most cost-effective manner. This is often accomplished through non-surgical periodontal treatment, including scaling and root planing (a careful cleaning of the root surfaces to remove plaque and calculus [tartar] from deep periodontal pockets and to smooth the tooth root to remove bacterial toxins.
- Invisalign® Invisalign® is the clear way to straighten teeth without braces, using aligners. Aligners are removable and virtually invisible, which means you can straighten your teeth without anyone knowing; and you can still eat and drink what you want.
- Tooth Extractions An extraction is the removal of a tooth from the mouth. Extractions are performed for a wide variety of reasons, including tooth decay that has destroyed enough tooth structure to prevent restoration. Extractions problematic wisdom teeth are routinely performed, as are extractions of some permanent teeth to make space for orthodontic treatment.
- Tooth Replacement
- Fixed Bridge: A dental bridge is a device used to fill the space where a tooth has fallen out or been removed. A typical dental bridge consists of a pontic (a filler tooth) that is attached to two surrounding crowns (abutments). Once complete, this bridge structure is bonded or cemented into the mouth. Without the use of a bridge, spaces in the mouth from missing teeth can cause multiple teeth to shift, lead to malocclusion (bad bite) and/or jaw problems, and may spur periodontal (gum) disease. Dental bridges safeguard the integrity of existing teeth and help maintain a healthy smile.
- Implant: A dental implant is an artificial tooth root (anchor) that an oral surgeon places into your jaw to hold a replacement tooth or bridge. The implant is surgically placed in the jaw, after it has had time to integrate with the bone, an abutment (post) and implant crown is placed. The Implant crown (artificial tooth) is made and fitted to the post portion of the anchor.
- Partial /Dentures: Dentures are an ideal way for people with multiple missing teeth to replace them. Multiple visits to our office are needed to fit new dentures properly. First, an impression of the toothless area of the gums will be taken. This mold is used to fashion dentures that will fit precisely into the mouth, making them both comfortable and durable.
- Cosmetic Alternatives
- Bonding: Bonding is an alternative to veneers, and can be used as a restorative procedure for teeth that are chipped, cracked, discolored or misarranged. Bonding typically lasts three to five years before need of repair.
- Lumineers: Lumineers – the painless way to bring out the beautiful, healthy, natural, permanently white smile in you. Ultra-thin Lumineers are custom designed to give you the beautiful smile you’ve always dreamed of. Unlike traditional veneers, there are no shots, no drilling of sensitive tooth structure, and no pain.
- Tooth Whitening: Dental bleaching can be used to correct tooth discoloration. Discolorations can be caused by staining, aging, or chemical damage to teeth. Using the latest in bleaching technology, we can offer a safe method for creating a beautiful “brilliant” smile.
We invite you to view our website to learn more about the services and treatments we provide. Please contact us if you have any questions.